10 Ways We’re Helping You to Build Green: Modular Green Homes CT, NY and MA Residents Call Home
Building your own home is one of life’s great experiences – a true reflection of your taste and personality. Now, for the first time in history, home-building partners such as Segalla’s TurnKey Housing are helping homeowners like you to build green homes in Canaan CT and other parts of CT, MA and NY, far healthier for your family, your budget, your neighborhood and the planet.
- Building Green Homes in Great Barrington MA and other parts of CT, NY and MA markets begins with your approach – conventional stick-built or state-of-the-art modular. With modular home building, your home is custom designed using advanced computer-aided design, then constructed in a precision, climate-controlled factory. On “day one” at your building site, the homes are 80% complete, dramatically reducing the impact on the environment at your site. Conventional stick-built homes, by comparison, will interrupt the ecosystem for an average of 180 days.
- Because green homes in New Hartford CT and Segalla’s surrounding service areas are built in a closed indoor environment, lumber and other materials never get wet eliminating mold and mildew problems. This creates a healthy living condition for residents living in green homes in Winchester CT to Great Barrington MA, and clean non-toxic air in your home for your family to breathe.
- Similarly, building materials are not wasted on site due to faulty workmanship or the inability to accurately measure the exact needs of a project for modular green homes in Canaan CT and other areas of Segalla’s service market. We purchase materials according to the lengths required for construction. In addition, the use of finger jointed lumber not only conserves natural resources, it also creates straighter and stronger walls for modular green homes Great Barrington MA residents and those living throughout the Connecticut, New York and Massachusetts region will love.
- Recycling is a also a major part of our Green Initiative. Drywall scraps are shipped to mills where it is recycled into lime for farming. Cardboard, electrical wire, plywood and other materials are sorted and recycled.
- Energy Efficiency is another component of our Building Green Program for green homes in Millerton New York and the surrounding areas. R-19 wall insulation and R-38 ceiling insulation are the start of a highly energy efficient home. Other standard features such as, Andersen 400 Series Low E glass windows filled with argon gas, greatly reduce your energy consumption in green homes in New Hartford CT and other areas of CT, NY, and MA. In turn, the amount of carbons released into our environment is greatly reduced.
- Segalla’s TurnKey Housing is an Energy Star® Partner, and can provide you with optional Energy Star Certified green homes. Winchester CT residents and those living throughout CT, MA and NY can rest assured that their new manufactured home will be inspected to ensure that it meets or exceeds the Energy Star Standards for energy efficiency. Some examples are: Insulation is inspected, potential areas for air infiltration are caulked and sealed, and plumbing pipes are protected from the elements in green homes in Canaan CT and other areas of our service market.
- Segalla’s TurnKey Housing and Westchester Modular Homes extends Green Building right into the structure of our own manufacturing facility for green homes in Great Barrington MA and surrounding areas. Recently, all our light fixtures were changed to highly energy efficient fluorescent lights. By making this change, we reduced our Energy Consumption and the amounts of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides that are released into the air when building green homes in Millerton New York and other parts of NY, CT, and MA. By removing these pollutants, Westchester’s initiative has the same effect as planting 27 trees, removing 18 cars from the road and saving 11,255 gallons of gas each year.
- Water, another valuable resource, is also on our Green Agenda for green homes in New Hartford CT and other areas of CT, MA and NY. Segalla’s TurnKey Housing now offers its customers the option to select water-saving faucets, shower heads and commodes which greatly reduce the amount of water consumption in your home on a daily basis without reducing your quality of life in green homes in Winchester CT and throughout CT, MA and NY.
- By nature, modular homes are among the best engineered and sturdiest homes built. As a result, they’re extremely quiet to live in – again, lessening their environmental impact. Tight, precise construction keeps your family, warm and away from harmful toxins in the air.
- You can elect to build an even “Greener” home if you opt to have your home LEED Certified. Segalla’s TurnKey Housing and Westchester Modular Homes will work together to provide you with a LEED Certified home at the level of your choice.
So let’s get started on custom designing a Segalla’s TurnKey Housing modular green home for you today with over 60 designs to choose from. We can also take your plans and truly individualize your home. Either way, your new home is backed by our 10-year warranty. And you’ll be living more green… from day one.